Monday, June 6, 2011

Yay For Illinois!!

June 1st marked a very important day in history for Illinois and gay couples in the state.  Illinois passed a law that allowed for civil unions.  I'm not gonna lie, when I heard this on the news I thought to myself "Don't we already have Civil Unions in IL?"  As in Union Local Number blah, type of union. LOL yeah it took me a while to figure it out, in my defense I had just woken up, I was very sleepy and very excited I beat my son to the TV, usually he wins and it's all about Arthur, Martha and George.

Congrats IL for standing up and doing the right thing.  I'm not gay but I've always been for civil unions.  The idea that it's a threat to marriages is load of donkey poo.  Many gay couples have since been unionized and I doubt there is a single straight marriage that is in jeopardy as a result.  It's very good to see a positive thing in the middle of a very rocky time.

No comments:

Post a Comment