Monday, June 13, 2011

2012 Election Lumes

First off I'd like to say that I don't side with any particular political group.  I like to look into all candidates first and I vote for who agrees with mostly with me and my views.  This is now especially true because of recent events. 

Some months ago I stared to look up who had declared him or her self as a Presidential runner for 2012 and I looked them over.  I have to say that I was not impressed by many and the only one that had stood out.  His view on immigration, drugs, womens rights etc...were dead on with my own or at least closer than the others.  I remember thinking, damn if this guy wins things would really change around here, but I didn't think for some odd reason that he'd make it so I let it be.

As time went on the Latino vote has become a very hot topic.  The Latino vote as determined the presidency but with this huge hot topic of immigration raging on it's become of significant importance this time around.  Some say that we should not vote for Obama because he's fallen short of his promises on immigration, I agree but what's the alternative?  Sorry, but the alternatives are looking pretty bleak.  Some Republicans want to build up a wall similar to the wall of China between the US and Mexico.  Others are giving a green light to commit crimes against the undocumented, like rape. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not saying that democrats are any better, ignoring immigration, continuing wars, ignoring drug reform, cutting taxes for the rich, but they don't seem so far off their rockers as these bozos.

Tonight the Republicans will be having their first "official" debate, amongst themselves.  Everyone's invited except for one, Gary Johnson.  There's controversy as to why he's being barred from CNN's hosted debate. Remember that one guy that I mentioned above?  Well that's him and he's a Republican. Apparently he's got a decent track record, he did good when he was Governor of New Mexico and his views align with my own.

My point is this.  Now that election season is lurking I think we should make an effort to think out side the box.  Look at every candidate regardless of party and vote for who we think is the best for us.  The republicans have a long list of wackos with few exceptions, the odds of the kind of republican that is going be on the final ballot does not look good.  I know the democrats are going to bring forward their top contender, my focus will be to make sure that the republican one is not of their majority wacko group.  Let's face it, elections don't always end how we want them.  For me, I'm going to focus on reducing the level of crazy on the Republican ballot, if there's an off chance that a Republican wins the presidency then hopefully we won't be turning the clock back to the 1800's.

No comments:

Post a Comment