Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm a pissed American

Back in the day when I was young and stupid I didn't care about what was going on in the world.  Heck, all I cared about was finishing school and going out with friends on the weekend.  Life changed that though.  Now the more I try to be informed the more I get pissed.   I had this image of the US as this great place where dreams come true and people do the right thing for the sake of justice for all.

Now, I realize that's not the case.  The people who are in power now and make decisions for the whole don't care about doing the right thing.  They only seem to care about the bottom line, not matter the costs no matter the causalities as long as they are on top that is how they vote.  Laws based on fears are unjust laws.  Laws based on ignorance are unjust laws.  How is it that this "great" and "wonderful" country has gotten to this very ugly place where it is more important to kill small business for the sake of large corporations?  How is it that it's ok to attack women and their decisions?  Why is it that lobbyists have more decision making power than the millions of Americans in this country?  What about taking care of "interests" in other countries makes more sense than taking care of our interests at home?  How is it that in this day and age we are still plagued with racism and religious intolerance?

All of this done while hiding behind the US Constitution, our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves and for what?  So that they can have the best of the best in the short time they have on this earth.  Let's face it, no one lives forever, laws are put in place so that the rich stay rich, they die and whomever is affected negatively by their horrible decisions will be left to suffer, well as long as they live life to the fullest who cares right?

The laws in this country are made to keep the lower classes low and the higher class rich.  They are made to keep minority voices quiet.  The more I see this, more crazies I see running for office the more I question how proud I am to be an American.  Dramatic change will come, I don't know if it will be a good thing or not but I do know who will be responsible in either case.  It will fall on those decision makes and the change will come from the majority.  The majority will either cease to exist or we will unite, rise and fight for positive change.  I'm rooting for positive change but at this point, anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment