Thursday, October 20, 2011

The customer is always right

You just gotta love Bernie Sanders. He's started this movement of moving your financial accounts from the big banks to smaller community banks or Credit Unions.  The Washington Post recent posted an article about Credit Unions, it's pretty informational and has links to even more information.  The idea is this, big banks like Bank of America are reporting major profits yet at the same time they are going to hit customers with monthly fees in the beginning of the coming year when their customers use their debit cards for purchases. That just sounds so cynical, I mean come on!  It's a great example of how consumers are taken advantage of by big banks and no one seems to care.  Big banks are interested in how much of your money they can take, they are basically taking a slice of your budget pie because they can.

I had a Bank of America checking and two savings accounts.  I closed all of my accounts.  I moved my checking services to a community bank in my area and I could not be happier.  I opened online savings accounts that accumulate more interest than what I was getting with Bank of America. I would recommend for people to do the same.  Imagine what would happen if everyone moved their financial business to local banks and credit unions?  Imagine the impact that would make and message that would send to big corporations?  They have been the boss for far too long and it is time to reclaim the old concept of the customer is always right.

No comments:

Post a Comment