Thursday, September 29, 2011

Looking for a second job

As crazy as it sounds I am now looking for a second job.  What I currently make at my full time job, although is ok, is not quite cutting my families current needs.  I was very reluctant on making this decision.  Cairo needs me but I need for us to be able to survive, this requires extra moolah.  Kids need stuff, you know like cloths, food, hair cuts, the occasional toy and what I make now doesn't cover those needs.  Shoot, it doesn't cover those needs for myself either.  I've waited long enough and I can no longer ask my family to help me when they need help themselves.  Right now is probably the best time to do so.  The holiday season is upon us and you'd think that every one would be hiring for it.

I've enjoyed spending time with my son on the weekends.  It's just the two of us until Jose get's back.  The weekends are like a breath of fresh air.  No one criticizing me or trying to take away my role as Cairos mom. If Cairo wants to go to the park we go, we watch movies and eat what we want.  No one meddles in my parenting and Cairo is free to run and play.  All that's missing is Jose, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.

I've debated on how truthful I should be on my applications.  I'm curious of they see that I currently have a full time job if they will over look me to give someone with no job a better chance, I probably would.  Should I put my current salary?  I'm afraid I'll look an Scrooge, you would think with what I make I can pull off all our needs. Sure I can, but just the bare minimum....

Sorry kid, deal with the holes in your shoes.

Hey I got free AC in my jeans!

Sorry bud, we can't eat out...EVER.

Birthday party?  Out where? I think not.

Make that hair cut super short, it's got last till after winter.

You see what I mean?   Sure we have a small roof over our heads and some food to eat but that's about it.  God forbid one of us get's sick, paying that co-pay may mess us up for the rest of the month, especially if we need some sort of prescription meds.  The sad part is that I'm probably doing a lot better than most right now.  There are so many people who don't have jobs and/or don't have a place to sleep.  It shouldn't be this way.

Oh well, I'm on the search for a second job.  So far I've applied at Michaels and Menards and I checked UPS but they are only hiring people for during the day.  So far no one has called me back.  I have a feeling this is going to be a long process and the fact that I already have a job isn't going to help me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment