Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stuffed Jalapeños...oh my

Not too long ago I went to a birthday party and the hosts cousin brought stuffed jalapeños. Gordos's cousin came over to where I was sitting with other family wives and handed a plate over with these ginormous jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. I'll be honest I really didn't think I was going to like them, I'm not a fan of cream cheese filled peppers, but these suckers looked so good with that crispy bacon snugly hugging them that I could not refuse. I was amazed at how good they were, I mean the pepper was tender and cheese was soft and gooey and the bacon...oh the bacon just brought it all home! My only regret that day was to not have piled on a plate of those jalapeños and taken some home! I decided I'd take a crack at making them myself.

You start out with your basic 3 ingredients: cream cheese, bacon and jalapeños:


Cut open the jalapeños, clean out the seeds:





 It's about a tablespoon of cream cheese per pepper. Oh and please oh PLEASE wear some gloves if you're gonna try this. I made the mistake of not wearing any and OMG did my hands burn for hours...no kidding!!

Put the haves together and wrap some bacon around them:




Stick them in the oven at 350 degrees and wait for the bacon to crisp and the peppers to get soft:


They are ready to be eaten! My husband really liked these. I had never eaten jalapeños like this before. I would like to make them again soon....but I need to make sure I have gloves this time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment