Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Conchas Mexicanas

 Some time ago Gordo had a taste for pan dulce, conchas to be specific. We headed out to our local panaderia to get some and he was content....but then this image of conchas I had seen online had popped into my head. It was fuzzy at first but then yes, it all became clear...I remembered Leslie made conchas with Girlchef and I decided that I should give making conchas a try. I decided to use Girlchefs recipe for conchas first, depending on how my skills work out with these then I'll try Leslies They turned out pretty good, I must say.

I started with mixing the dough. At first it looked pretty crappy:






But then it looked pretty when I set up for the first rise:



The sugar topping came out nice. I didn't want to jinx myself so I left it all in one color:






Assembly was not so bad. I actually like doing it:





They were beautiful when they came out of the oven:


I will be trying to make these again. I really want to make them in a rainbow of colors :D


No comments:

Post a Comment