Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Conversations with a 5 year old

On our way to a friends house:

Cairo: Mom, where are we going?
Me: Bertins house.
Cairo: Oh. *pause* Do you even know how to get to Adans house?
Me: Um...no.  We're not going to Adans house.
Cairo: Whose Adan?

I turn and look at my sister-in-law in the passenger side:
Me: Did that just happen?
Sis: Yes.

***
An hour and a half after breakfast:

Cairo: Now can I have something to eat?
Me: You can have a granola bar from the pantry.

He pitter patters to the pantry.

Cairo: I can't see it!!!!
Me: What do you mean you can't see it?
Cairo: I can't see it cuz I don't want it!!!

We give each other a long look.

Cairo: Can I have one of those? *Pointing to my attain bars*
Me: No.
Cairo: What are they for?
Me: They make your pansity feel full so you don't eat later.

He looks at me like "why wouldn't you want to eat later?", head tilt and every thing.

Cairo: Can I have chocolate?

***

Driving to an appointment:

Cairo:  Mom am I a part of you?
Me: Yes a part of me and papi.
Cairo: Oh I get it! So when you die you will keep living in me because I am a part of you and you are a part of me!
Me: Umm yeah that's a good way of looking at it.

This was one of those jaw dropping moments where I didn't know what to say but was shocked at the words coming out his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment